ohdeardrea header
home button food button home button “natural “travel “advertise “cookbook

2014, You Were A Very Good Year




You know, I used to always be an early, on time, or never kind of girl. Late? Me? Nope. Not ever. But lately I just feel like I'm in a constant battle of catch up. I mean, I think I'm mostly okay with it, I do like procrastination (while making every deadline early), but I'm learning to be less antsy about things needing to so critically early. So here we are--- about 3/4's into January and rounding up last year.

Last year, without a doubt, was the fastest moving year EVER. Seriously, it lapped all other years and then some. It was also one of my busiest years to date. I really packed everything in tight and made room mostly for family, pizza, and sometimes a friend or two. I'm really lucky my friends (and family to, duh) stuck with my this year-- I was absent at best most days. I mean, to be quiet honest, I'm the worst with keeping up with calls, texts, Facebook, whatever, but then add on a cookbook, running this show, emails, and everything else--- well, lets just say I have the most understanding friends ever.

Last year was good. Good for my family. Good for me. And good for this blog. I am pretty proud of all I accomplished, even if there were days with tears (some friends don't believe that I can cry-- I do--- sometimes). I'm happy to move forward into 2015. And so pleased to look back at all the better moments of last year. I've rounded up some of my favorite posts--- some of your favorite posts-- and other random tidbits here and there.

Thanks for being here, friends (real life and blog friends). And thank you, 2014, for being such a good year. I owe you.

January 

a tie with: how to build raised garden beds.
a favorite recipe: pizza dough.

February

a favorite recipe: cashew cheese! nom nom nom! 
I talked about my skin mustache (it's good unless I go in the sun, and then it returns) 

March

my favorite post: this farm day. a dream. I love. 
my second favorite post: COLOR
my third favorite post: simple, flower home. 
a great natural living how to: bug repellent!
a favorite recipe: veggie sandwich love. 

April

I announced my cookbook
I mosaicked my stairs! &it looks amazing!
we went to the keys.


May

I announced our india workshop retreat! Only a little over a month away! 
how alex and I cook together--- as a vegan and as a pork lover. 


June
your favorite post: I did a survey. We all loved it. here are the results. 
a picture an hour: the process of writing a cookbook. 
a bedroom tour.
a kitchen tour
a favorite recipe: three summer cocktails.


July
we had a weekend in miami with some of our favorite people.
marlowe's room tour.
a dining room tour.
a fourth of july par-tay. 

August
we went to new orleans and it was awesome! day one / day two / day three/ day four
we went to new york--- for about 30 something hours, with marlowe.
we road tripped through new england and it was DELICIOUS.
a super helpful: all natural bathroom tour--- yes, I'm crunchy. whatever.


September

your favorite post: a natural hair guide/ how to. yes, I wash my hair with vinegar. 
your second favorite post: I reintroduced what marlowe eats.
we went camping (at disney world) 


October

a favorite recipe: the absolute BEST cold fighter. (you guys loved this one as much as me. hooray!) 
I got a puppy (he's a giant now)
we had a great miami day. need more of those. now. 


November

your favorite post that I had MANY requests for: easy tips on keeping a home clean
how to make your own baby food! -- there seems to be a major how to trend this month! 
I started doing a weekly post with all your questions and answers--- and then forgot about it a month later, but it was good while it lasted. I should pick it up again! 


December

your favorite post: a living room tour! 
your favorite how to post: tips for international travel.
an indulgent favorite recipe: spiced apple pie
a healthy favorite recipe: callaloo 


&in case you want to scroll back more. you can see my 2013 review: PART ONE // PART TWO ;)


Again, thank you for being part of my life. I hope you all had an amazing weekend! 

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this post! What a fun way to review last year. Your life is SO colorful! And so full of accomplishments, healthy things, fun travels, and beautiful members. I'm a long-time reader and can't wait to see what 2015 holds for you!

    www.circusandbloom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa what a busy year! You eat a lot of mangos and I loooooove your grey dress.
    www.belgianandahalf.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an amazing job! Yours is one of the few blogs I still follow these days and after al these years it's still refreshing and I'm still learning new things! Very much looking forward to your cookbook coming out by the way. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a good year! You should indeed be very proud of all you have achieved. I loved the post about having a good life on not loads of money (paraphrasing there but you know the one I mean) and I love the photo of you and dear little Waylon with his ear all flopped out. A lovely reminder of some of your very best posts. I have your pizza recipe written in my notebook, I made it the other day, you've reminded me I should do it again soon. Wishing you a 2015 that is every bit as good as 2014, or maybe even better. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. look back is always the best!

    xx nikki
    www.dream-in-neon.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was great being with you all year. Looking forward to this one!

    ReplyDelete