ohdeardrea header
home button food button home button “natural “travel “advertise “cookbook

We Traveled Back In Time In Massachusetts



It's crazy to me that I'm still sharing photos from our Massachusetts trip-- it was over a month ago now! And it's even crazier that I still have a (delicious) New Orleans post waiting in drafts! I'm not sure how these got pushed aside, but I loved these photos too much not to share them here, even weeks and weeks later.

I'm not sure we were supposed to pet him--- don't tell anyone. 

I've been to Old Sturbridge Village a few times growing up, always for school field trips. It's one of those go back in time, role playing type of places--- I'm sure there's a better way to describe it, but you know, it's late and I'm half on (what's new drea?). Either way, I enjoyed it as a kid. I mean, sure, mostly because who doesn't love field trips and endless rock candy?! But going back as an adult, twenty years later (!) was a pretty cool experience, even without indulging in rock candy. It's crazy how differently we see things as adults isn't it? I enjoyed it then, but appreciate it now. The weather was chilly, damp, and just a bit dreary--- just how we wanted it. The buildings were cool. The gardens were impressive. And it was just a nice, relaxing, and different way to spend our day.

not the teachers pet. 


all pictures from behind, c/o of my mom, the master of paparazzi. 

 a family photo! (thanks mom!) 

I'm more than content in the tropics, but this life is pretty cool too--- especially with these people. 

10 comments:

  1. I love those kinds of places! I even made my fiance go with me to one in Ireland while we were there. What can I say? I have always been a fan of historical fiction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have mixed feelings about visiting them, but this place was great :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for taking us along on your adventures! The photos are great, but one question....where's your mom???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's in two of the pictures--- the darker haired colombian with my child--- that looks like me--- haha. She dislikes being in photos more than I do ;)

      Delete
  3. this place looks amazing!! marlowe is so cute!!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dream-in-neon.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all these back-logged vacation photos, keep them coming! Marlowe looks like she's having the best time in that pottery class :) your mom is a pretty decent paparazzi, when I hand the camera to mine our heads get cut off or the photos are all blurry!

    Emmett - Hippie Lace

    ReplyDelete
  5. https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12851663 please follow me! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, that looks so fun! And that area is so gorgeous and lush.
    xox
    giedre

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a really interesting place for a wander round, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I really like the family photo - one to treasure I think. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow these photos really are great. I've never been as north as Massachusetts, but I plan to get there one day. Glad you had a great trip!

    Uncustomary Art.

    ReplyDelete