cream cheese, and a chopped salad (roasted golden beets, cucumbers, red onion, and fresh herbs) with a mustard vinegarette.
It's been a while, right?
Things on toast may not be a super regular thing anymore or again, but I did have this delicious combo the other day, so I thought it was worth sharing :) Alex makes fun of me and says things like, "but who would eat beets for breakfast?" Me, the answer is 'me'. And more times then not, my breakfast is bordering on lunch anyway ;) BUT in other food related news, I updated my bean and biscuit recipe with new photos and easier to read directions :) I also realized that my sweet plantain and yucca stew recipe was missing from my recipe list! It's totally worth making especially now that it's getting chilly out there. A touch of the south meets super warmth!
Also, you may or may not noticed, but I made a few itty bitty tiny tweaks to this space. I changed my vegan section to a living section. The vegan section can now be found within the living one. There will still be all things vegan, what marlowe eats, and one of my favorites (that needs some updating): vegan beauty and body care.
Within the living section, I've added a travel section, which not only has our vacations with restaurant tips and kid friendly things, but also a local guide-type-thing for south florida. You can find a restaurant section along with a bar/drink/adult section. I'll be adding a kid friendly activity section soon. Speaking of kids and fun, I also added a party section, because I've been liking planning those things more and more lately :)
AND! I created a natural living section too! Adding more natural living posts was my main reason for wanting to re-group and change the sections :) The more I live life, do my daily routines, and discuss them with others, the more I realize how easy it can be to live a more natural life.... with almost no effort. So I want to push myself to share more of that here on the blog. I don't expect everyone to start making their own deodorant or brewing their own kombucha, but I'm sure we could all find a bit of natural-living info to be helpful.... not to mention, it's a pretty big part of our life over here :) I have a few posts brewing, from essential oils, to cleanses, kombucha, recipes, and whatever else. Some of the posts will based on my and my family's daily routines, some will be DIYS I attempt for the first time, and some will be from my friend Shervin, who is
almost always my go to when I have questions of my own. If you've never heard of elderberry syrup, it's a miracle worker (and pretty pricey) so the first Shervin-contributed post will go up early next week on how to make your very own (and save you tons of money)! Shervin, you rock.
If you haven't already, check out the sponsors to the right. We've got a lot of great new handmade shops joining everyday. PERFECT for the holiday gift season thats approaching.
- Acute Designs, filled with amazing hair accessories and jewelry. THESE pieces are perfect for holiday parties. THESE BRACELETS bracelets are ace and THIS headband is perfection.
- THIS pillow? I need one for every room of my house. As well as these espresso cups. OR Mrs Tea Towel!?!?!!? Or Mr. Tea Towel is pretty cool too. Basically, what I'm saying is anything from Nine Space would be a great gift. ***edited to add: receive an additional 30% all your Nine Space orders using discount code OHDEAR4. Offer lasts until the 19th! woo!
- THIS shawl from American Apparel is perfect. I want to live in it. Especially since today was the first real day that a sweater AND pants were needed in South Florida.
- Speaking of christmas parties, my favorite eco-site, Dot &Army has christmas napkins! &&Children's placemats and they're awesome. Also: seersucker.
- Have Company: a general store and small publication shop. I'm in love, I want more.
- Emerald August: (a kids line) In love with this tunic dress and this party skirt! Too cute.
- Savvy Sacs! More specifically: THIS market bag and these bike handlebar bags! Perfect gift for bike riders!
- My good friend Kathleen started up an AMAZING rock based jewelry shop. I am so in love with every piece.
&&If you've got a shop that you'd like to advertise, I'm offering an additional 20% off for this holiday season! And like I mentioned yesterday, all small sized ad sales will go directly to the Red Cross. Contact me for featured posts (email@example.com) or check out the AD SHOP and use discount code OHDEARHOLIDAY for sidebar ad purchase :)
I'm also offering an additional 30% off the OHDEARDREA SHOP. You can also use discount code OHDEARHOLIDAY at checkout to receive your discount :)
Happy weekend, friends :)