ohdeardrea header
home button food button home button “natural “travel “advertise “cookbook

My Mustache, The Not So Pretty, But Truthful "Mask Of Pregnancy"

Pregnancy brings up the most random side effects. Fatigue and discomfort is here everyday now, but I have been pretty lucky to have a pretty easy pregnancy with few side effects. The side effects I have had have been pretty small and relatively insignificant. I have gotten a few random side effects that are purely cosmetic issues and make me more curious than anything. Skin tags, little red dots, a very slight linea negra, and worst of all (and the most noticeable too), a mustache line! I don't have any extra hair on my upper lip, believe me, I tried to shave it and everything! But there is always a a dark line that resembles a mustache. It gets worse with sunlight exposure and can be seen from a fair distance away, and it doesn't get easily covered with make up. I'm not sure if this is really what is considered "the mask of pregnancy", because I haven't gotten dark spots anywhere else, but I don't know what else to call it. Maybe they can make a new side effect name for me: "Drea's mustache". Maybe not. Hopefully it fades after pregnancy, because having a mustache you can't shave doesn't seem like the prettiest thing to own. If you can't change it, accept it. ;)
See for yourself:

3 comments:

  1. that's exactly what I have ! did it disappear? did you do something about it? thaaaaanks & best. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. forget it...i'm reading your post on 'freedom from the tash'
    it's horrible, right? i can't even really talk about it ... but i will.
    (nevermind publishing this!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so awesome for posting this!!!!

    ReplyDelete